Jara Pérez Jiménez
Research Groups: Polifenoles no extraibles, antioxidantes y fibra dietética en salud (POLIFIBAN)
Department: Departamento de Metabolismo y Nutrición
- Jara Pérez Jiménez holds an MSc (2003) and a PhD (2007) in Food Science and Technology from the Autonomous University of Madrid. She has worked in several research centres in Spain and France, being currently a Tenured Scientist at the Institute of Food Science and Technology (ICTAN-CSIC).
Dr. Pérez-Jiménez’s research activity has given place to more than 70 papers published in international scientific journals (> 4,000 citations, h-index 31). She has been invited speaker in universities in Spain, France, UK, Mexico and Chile. She is also co-author of a patent transferred to a national company, was co-editor a book published by the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK) and was a member of the Committee of Experts in Human Nutrition of the French Agency for Food Safety (2015-18) Dr. Pérez-Jiménez has participated in more than 20 national and international research projects or contracts with food companies. Also, she has led research projects funded by the Spanish National R&D Strategy and the California Table Grape Commission. She also develops teaching activities, including the direction of a course promoted by Menéndez Pelayo International University.
Dr. Pérez-Jiménez was selected as one of the 100 young Spanish researchers attending to a meeting with Nobel prizes and (2012), as one of the 10 European researchers attending to the 3rd edition of European Nutrition Leadership Platform-Advanced Seminar (2014) and a speaker at the Young Speakers Cycle organized by the Spanish Royal Academy of Medicine (2019). Also, her regular activities as scientific disseminator have achieved several acknowledgements from, among others, the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Pérez-Ramírez I, Reynoso-Camacho R, Saura-Calixto F, Pérez-Jiménez J. 2018. Comprehensive characterization of extractable and non-extractable phenolic compounds by HPLC-ESI-QTOF of a grape/pomegranate pomace dietary supplement. J. Agric. Food Chem., 66, 661-73. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jafc.7b05901
- Pérez-Jiménez J, Saura-Calixto F. 2018. Fruit peels as sources of non-extractable polyphenols or macromolecular antioxidants: analysis and nutritional implications. Food Res. Intl., 111, 148-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2018.05.023
- Martínez-Maqueda D, Zapatera B, Gallego-Narbón A, Vaquero MP, Saura-Calixto F, Pérez-Jiménez J. 2018. A 6-weeks supplementation with grape pomace to subjects at cardiometabolic risk ameliorated insulin sensitivity, without affecting other cardiometabolic parameters. Food Function, 9, 6010-19. https://doi.org/10.1039/c8fo01323c
- Amaya-Cruz D, Pérez-Ramírez I, Pérez-Jiménez J, Nava GM, Reynoso-Camacho R. 2019. Comparison of the bioactive potential of Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.) calyx and its by-product: phenolic characterization by UPLC-QTOF MSE and their anti-obesity effect in vivo. Food Res. Intl., ID 108589. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2019.108589
- Ramos-Romero S, Martínez-Maqueda D, Hereu M, Amézqueta S, Torres JL, Pérez-Jiménez J. 2020. Modifications of gut microbiota after grape pomace supplementation in subjects at cardiometabolic risk: a randomized cross-over controlled clinical trial. Foods, 9, 1279-91. https://doi.org/10.3390/foods9091279
- Gutiérrez-Díaz I, Salazar N, Pérez-Jiménez J, De los Reyes-Gavilán CG, Gueimonde M, González S. In press. New players in the relationship between diet and microbiota: the role of macromolecular antioxidant polyphenols. Eur. J. Nutr. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00394-020-02339-5
- NutriLecturas: promoting open reading clubs on scientific texts in research centres
IP: Jara Pérez Jiménez. FCT-19-15024
Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología- Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación