Inicio » Miembros del ICTAN » Mª Isabel Escribano Garaizábal
Mª Isabel Escribano Garaizábal
Grupos de investigación: Biotecnología y Calidad Posrecolección (POSTBIOTEC)
Departamento: Departamento de Caracterización, Calidad y Seguridad
Bachelor and PhD in Biological Sciences by the UCM, began her research stage as a collaborator and FPU scholarship holder in the Department of Plant Biology I, studying the hormonal regulation of the reversibility of aging in leaves attached to plants and the mechanisms that regulate the biosynthesis and transport of polyamines as well as its biological functions. The results obtained contributed to a deeper understanding of the involvement of polyamines in cell metabolism, leading to elevated number of publications in high-impact SCI journals. The postdoctoral stage began in 1991 with her incorporation to the research group of Dr. Carmen Merodio POSTBIOTEC of the IF-CSIC. The study of the relevance of free and conjugated polyamines, as well as the regulation of key enzymes of their biosynthesis, in ripening and in the susceptibility of tropical fruits to low storage temperatures was pioneering in this area. In October 1993 he joined Prof. Philip John’s group at the Department of Agricultural Botany, University of Reading (United Kingdom), focusing his research on the regulation of the ACC oxidase enzyme from custard apple. As a Senior Scientist, since February 1997, and through the financing of National Projects, three of them being PI, her scientific career focuses on the identification of physiological and biochemical markers functionally involved in the improvement of tolerance to low temperature and in fungal control, activated by treatment with high concentrations of CO2 in climacteric and non-climacteric fruits. It is worth noting the differential induction of proteins functionally involved in the protection of macromolecules and cellular structures against dehydration, such as dehydrins, chitinases and 1,3-β-glucanases with high capacity as cryoprotectors or catalytically active chitinases at low temperatures with high activity as antifungals.
- Romero, I., Domínguez, I., Morales-Diaz, N., Escribano, M.I., Merodio, C., Sanchez-Ballesta, M.T. Regulation of flavonoid biosynthesis pathway by a single or dual short-term CO2 treatment in black table grapes stored at low temperature. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 156:30-38 (2020) Doi: 10.1016/j.plaphy.2020.08.047
- del Olmo, I., Blanch, M., Romero, I., Vazquez-Hernandez, M., Sanchez-Ballesta, M.T., Escribano, M.I., Merodio, C. (2020). Involvement of oligosaccharides and sucrose-related genes on sucrose retention in strawberries from ripening to shelf-life. Postharvest Biology and Technology, 169 – 111301. (2020) Doi:10.1016/j.postharvbio.2020.111301
- Vazquez-Hernandez, M., Blanch, M., Sanchez-Ballesta, M.T., Merodio, C., Escribano, M.I. (2020). High CO2 alleviates cell ultrastructure damage in Autumn Royal table grapes by modulating fatty acid composition and membrane and cell oxidative status during long-term cold storage. Postharvest Biology and Technology, 160:111037 (2020) Doi: 10.1016/j.postharvbio.2019.111037
- Romero, I., Alegria, E., Gonzalez de Pradena, A., Vazquez-Hernandez, M., Escribano, M.I., Merodio, C., Sanchez-Ballesta, M.T. WRKY transcription factors in the response of table grapes (cv. Autumn Royal) to high CO2 levels and low temperature. Postharvest Biology and Technology 150:42-51 (2019). Doi; 10.1016/j.postharvbio.2018.12.011
- Blanch, M., Alvarez, I., Sanchez-Ballesta, M.T., Escribano, M.I., Merodio, C. Trisaccharides isomers, galactinol and osmotic imbalance associated with CO2 stress in strawberries. Postharvest Biology and Technology, 131:84–91 (2017). Doi:10.1016/j.postharvbio.2017.05.008.
- Vazquez-Hernandez, M., Romero, I., Escribano, M.I., Merodio, C., Sanchez-Ballesta, M.T. Deciphering the role of CBF/DREB transcription factors and dehydrins in maintaining the quality of table grapes cv. Autumn Royal treated with high CO2 levels and stored at 0°C. Frontiers in Plant Science, .8 (2017). Doi:10.3389/fpls.2017.01591.
- Holistic analysis of strawberry and table grape quality in the critical phases of postharvest storage using molecular tolos. CALOMICS, AGL2017-85291-R. IP1Carmen Merodio , IP2 María Isabel Escribano. Duración 01/01/2018-31/12/2020, ampliado a 30/09/2021. Entidad financiadora Agencia Estatal de Investigación (AEI) y al Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional (FEDER)
915492300 ext. 436430
Scopus Author ID: