Skip to content
- To study the influence of lifestyle factors (physical activity and fitness, diet, hydration, alcohol, psychological stress, etc,) in inflammatory and cardiovascular risk markers and the intestinal microbiota, focusing in adolescents, both, healthy and with eating disorders and in the older adults, including those with metabolic syndrome risk factors.
- To study the effect of probiotics and antioxidant-rich plant based foods (beer, Moringa oleifera) on the microbiota and inflammatory/cardiometabolic markers in nutritional intervention clinical trials. Use of metagenomic and metabolomic techniques.
- Nutritional status of populations and risk factors for nutrition-related pathologies and
- Bioactivity and health effects of functional foods. Among the epidemiological studies performed are the multicenter studies AVENA (2000), EVASYON (2009) and the EU project HELENA (2003)
- Analysis of immune and inflammatory markers in relation to conditions associated with nutrition and immunity (obesity, metabolic syndrome, allergy, celiac disease)
- Epidemiologic studies of immune biomarkers
- Implementation of dietary intervention studies in humans assessing food compounds and ingredients and functional foods (probiotics, fatty acids, aminoacids, alcohol…)
- Evaluation of nutritional status in eating disorders
- Assesment of habits and lifestyle factors (diet, physical activity, etc.)
- Characterization of the immunomodulating properties of different nutrients, bioactive compounds and alleged functional foods, both in vitro (cell culture models) and in vivo (animal models)
- Teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, and research training.
- 91 549 23 00
Human nutrition, Immunity-inflammation, Physical activity, Probiotics, Biomarkers, Prevention
Projects, Contracts, Agreements
Effect on glycemic control, lipid profile and inflammation of Moringa oleifera leaves. Nutritional intervention study in prediabetic subjects.
Main Researcher: E. Nova and A. Marcos / Start Date: 01/01/2018 / End Date: 09/30/2021 / Institution: AEI/ERDF, EU / Reference number: AGL2017-86044-C2-1-R
Research Group: Inmunonutrition research group (INMUNONUTRICIÓN)
PhD Thesis, Master's Thesis and Degree Thesis
Tesis Doctoral: Effects of the consumption of probiotics and yogurts on the immune system and intestinal microbiota of healthy adults (2019)
Author: Noemí Redondo Useros / Director: Ascensión Marcos y Esther Nova Rebato
Institution: Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Farmacia
Tesis Doctoral: Development of a new generation of foods for weight control and obesity prevention (2017)
Author: Alina Gheorghe / Director: Ascensión Marcos, Fátima Pérez de Heredia y Ligia Esperanza Díaz
Institution: Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Tesis Doctoral: Factors involved in the development of eating disorders in Spanish adolescents (2015)
Author: Ana María Veses Alcobendas / Director: Ascensión Marcos, Sonia Gómez y David Martinez
Institution: Zoología Animal (Facultad de Ciencias Biológicas) UCM
Atención! Este sitio usa cookies.
Si continua navegando o no cambia la configuración de su navegador, consideramos que acepta su uso.
Aceptar Saber más
Política de privacidad y cookies