October 13-16, 2015
Since 1975, Euro Food Chem conferences have successfully addressed major challenges and opportunities for food chemists. EuroFoodChem XVIII will bring together leading researchers, engineers and scientists in the area of interest from around the world.
Coming XVIII edition will be held in Madrid (Spain) in 2015 and Institute of Food Science, Technology and Nutrition (ICTAN-CSIC) will act as local organiser.
Euro Food Chem XVIII is in line with the aims of the EU Research and Innovation programme Horizon 2020. Topics include those considered at the Societal Challenges related with health, food safety, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research, and the bioeconomy, focused on the UPCOMING CHALLENGES IN FOOD SCIENCE.
Scientific Committee is organizing a complete agenda to fulfil the next main topics:
- Bioactive food constituents and functions
- Functional foods
- Chemical changes induced by processing and storage
- Risk/benefits evaluation of food components
- Novel and rapid detection techniques for food quality assessment
- Chemistry behind sensorial, flavour and textural properties
- Exploitation of agri-food co-products
Congress hosted by the Institute of Food Science, Technology and Nutrition (ICTAN-CSIC) and the European Association for Chemical and Molecular Sciences (EuCheMS, Division of Food Chemistry).